Not long after I received my iPad I experienced an unusual situation: I grabbed it, pressed the home button and it did not power on at all! I pressed the power button and nothing happen. I tried a hard reset (pressed the home button and the power button in the same time) and still nothing come up on the screen, so I panicked. I bet I’m not the only one who experienced a similar situation, so I want to share with you all the steps that our experienced technicians recommend following.
1. Do not panic I know it is hard not to panic in a situation like this, but think twice: does it solve anything if you panic? No, it does not. So this means you need to have a clear mind so you can identify your iPad’s problem as accurate as possible.
2. Hard reset In order to reset your iPad, you need to press the home button and the power button in the same time until the Apple logo will come up on the screen.
If your iPad won’t power on, you need to try other things in order to diagnose your iPad’s problem.
3. Empty battery Try to plug your iPad and let it get some juice for about 10-15 minutes. Sometimes, when your iPad battery is completely dead, your iPad won’t power on immediately after you put it on charge. Your iPad will need some time to get enough power to boot up. After that, repeat step number two.
4. Hardware problems After you tried all the things suggested above and it won’t power on, your iPad might have a hardware fault. The hardware issues can vary: it can either be the logic board the one that can be damaged or something else might be faulty (the dock connector, the power button, or the battery).
5. Specialised technicians At this point, there is nothing you can do to revive your iPad at home. I recommend you to take it to a specialized repair company, which will diagnose it for you. If you bring it to Lovefone, we will diagnose it for free. We will let you know what’s wrong with your iPad, how long will it take and how much will it cost and proceed with the repair only after your approval.If you want to learn more about our iPad repairs, check our website and our iPad page. You can also give our friendly team a call on 02070784341 and one of our experienced technician will make your iPad work like new!