The first iPhone was launched six years ago, in June 2007. Over this period there has been a huge amount discovered and written about the iPhone. I'd like to share a few hidden gems with you. 1. iPhone development started in 2004, when Apple gathered a team of 1000 employees to work on the highly confidential “Project Purple”.
2. The world’s most expensive iPhone cost £6 million. It is called Elite Gold iPhone 4S, designed by Stuart Hughes. It is a limited edition of the 64GB iPhone 4S that has a handmade rose bezel, 500 individual flawless diamonds, a rear section made of 24ct gold with 53 diamonds mounted over the Apple logo. The home button is made of gold and has a single cut diamond, and the chest is made from Platinum with polished pieces of T-REX bones with rare Opal, Pietersite, Charoite, Rutile Quartz, Star Sunstone.
3. Up to 2011, Apple spent $647 million advertising the iPhone in the USA. Isn’t that insane?!
4. Apple says that both the front and back glass surfaces of the iPhone feature an oleophobic coating that will make fingerprints and smudges easier to remove.
5. To develop something as special as the iPhone, you have to spend a lot of money. Apple invested $150 million on research and development of the prototype of the original iPhone Apple. Even so, Apple incredibly manages to spend the lowest percentage of revenue on R&D in the industry! [caption id="attachment_3443" align="alignnone" width="640"] From Gizmodo[/caption]
6. iPhone (iOS) users play gaming apps an average of 151.5 times per calendar month, compared to 94.6 sessions for Android users.
7. You can get a scientific calculator when you turn your iPhone on its side. The iPhone has the functionality of a scientific calculator built in, providing you more options.
8. 17% of iPhone users only download free applications. 70% of iPhone users have 10+ paid applications and 3.5% of iPhone users have more than 30 paid applications.
9. The iPhone keyboard has been designed to accommodate 21 languages.
10. The iPhone has over 200 patents protecting its design interface. I hope you have enjoyed these facts and have found out new things about the iPhone! If you are in the precious possession of untold iPhone facts, please share them with us!