Last year when I went on holiday I forgot to disable the mobile internet from my iPhone, and when I came back I realised I had to pay a large amount of money for using the internet. It was my first and my last mistake of this type because I learned how to disable the mobile internet on my iPhone ever since.
If you are planning to travel abroad soon, or you worry about overusing your internet allowance each month, follow 3 simple steps and learn how to turn off and then off your mobile data. There are 3 simple steps for iOS smartphones or Android ones. Depending on what iOS do you have, check out what are the steps for your iPhone. If you have a smartphone with Android, read below and follow the steps to turn disable your mobile internet.
1. Press Settings on your iPhone’s home screen.
2. Go to Mobile / Carrier (depending on your network).
3. Touch the switch next to Cellular Data in order to turn your mobile internet on or off.
iOS 6 and below
If you owe an iPhone 4, 4S, 3G or 3GS which uses iOS 6 or an older operating systems, then follow the steps below:
1. Touch Settings on your home screen.
2. Tap General, then Mobile Data / Cellular, and you will be able to see the mobile data settings.
3. Touch the switch next to Mobile Data and you can switch off your mobile internet.
It does not matter if you have a HTC, a Samsung or Nexus, all Android phone owners need to follow the same steps:
1. Press the Apps button on your homescreen and then go to Settings.
2. The internet settings are at the top of this page. Find Mobile Data and press it (Or you have to press More and then Mobile Data).
3. Next to Mobile Data you will find a switch or a tick box. Press it or tick, to switch on and off your mobile internet and voila!
I hope you found this article useful, and it was easy to follow those 3 steps to disable the mobile internet on your iOS or Android phone.